Welcome to the Parish of Saints Columba and Theresa!
We are a Roman Catholic community, part of the Diocese of Shrewsbury
Inspired by the Gospel values and the virtues of St. Columba and St. Theresa, we strive to live lives of faith, hope, and dedication to building a loving community. We are continually renewed by the Word of the Lord, fortified by the Holy Sacraments and active community life.
The parish is served by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit and the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Holy Ghost Fathers/Spiritans).
St Theresa’s church was opened in 1959 to serve the people of Blacon and surrounding areas on the NW side of Chester. St Columba’s church was opened in 1965 to serve the people of NE Chester and its surrounding districts.
The parish is within ‘Local Pastoral Area’ (LPA 11) for Chester and District, which includes the parishes of St Clare (Lache), St Cuthbert (Mouldsworth), St Francis (City Centre), St Thomas Becket (Tarporley), and St Werburgh (City Centre).
The Catholic Diocese of Shrewsbury, Registered Charity No 234025.