POPE FRANCIS’S CALL FOR THE ROSARY IN THE MARIAN MONTH OF MAY
Pope Francis is requesting that during this month of May the entire Church invoke the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary for the end of the pandemic and, in a special way, he is inviting all of us to pray fervently for those most closely affected by it. During each day of May, guided by a calendar with specific intentions, all the Shrines around the world, united in a communion of supplication, will lift up their prayers, which, like the fragrance of incense, will rise up to heaven. Thirty Marian Shrines will take turns leading this prayer throughout the Church and offering the faithful a series of prayer moments for them to participate throughout the entire day.
Here is the link to the Liturgical Guide for the month: Sussidio Rosario 2021 Inglese
The Bulletin for the 6th Sunday of Easter includes prayer suggestions and lists the readings for the day. It also includes the letter issued by Pope Francis marking the arrival of May, suggesting we all to join in praying the Rosary during this month, asking for an end to the pandemic. The Pope has also provided two prayers to Our Lady that we can recite at the end of the Rosary, and that he himself will pray in the month of May in spiritual union with us all.
The Bulletin also includes reference to feasts and memorials this week: The Ascension of the Lord (13 May), St. Matthias (14 May), Our Lady of Fatima (15 May).
Coronavirus – the Church’s response to the pandemic
- “Forming Parishioners through Virtual Media” This is the link to an article about catechetical activities in a US parish, the parish of Sts John & Paul, Pittsburgh. It highlights the importance of the good old-fashioned phone call!
- “A People who Hope in Christ“, a message of encouragement from the Metropolitan Archbishops of England and Wales, April 2020
- Liturgical Advice to Bishops, March 2020
- Letter to the Faithful from the Catholic Bishops Conference of England and Wales, March 2020
Pastoral Care in the Parish
- Pastoral Guidance on various aspects of parish life whilst our churches are closed and sick visiting is severely restricted
- Catholic Resources with information and links to services and prayers
Resources for people, families, students
Covid-19: Guidance & Practical Help
- National Guidance and Cheshire West & Chester sources of information & help
- Self-isolation poster for patients
- Food shopping, food bank and deliveries
- Online Safety, Scams & Fraud
- Virtual tours, entertainment & staying active
- Boredom Busters – Activities for children at home
- e-Resources for children and young people
- Tips to help our young students through the coronavirus
Pastoral Care and Outreach